This evening I had a go at making an envelope book using standard envelopes which interlock (you stick the tab at the top of one envelope inside another and build up your pages). Over the weekend I’ll show you more explicitly what I mean – as I need to practise. The first time I did it I used PVA glue and the envelopes stuck together where they shouldn’t and the smaller version also had issues with glue. I’ll share with you the link to where I saw how to do it originally when I share my attempt at it. As it’s late, I’m just going to show you the prints I did this evening in the book, including a go at printing on felt using the gelli and some silver lino paint.
The white felt reacted quite well with the process – it picked up the impressions I made with a lid (for the circles) and the layers of silver and red. I only used a small piece of felt to try out the material, but was pleased with the results.